DOL NISGTC Track
DOL NISGTC Track
Public school faculty or staff members may be eligible for up to $650 in travel reimbursement. Please review the following information prior to making travel arrangements. You are personally responsible for following the guidelines below.
Questions and concerns should be directed to Mark Dempsey at 972.377.1582 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for this level of reimbursement, you must meet the following criteria.
The $650 travel reimbursement can cover the following three categories. Please click the link for detailed information about allowable expenses in each category. All are listed on the “Request for Travel Reimbursement ” form.
|~ Travel Category||~ What you Submit|
|Car||Google Maps/MapQuest printout showing mileage|
|Airfare||Receipt with passenger name, total amount paid,
form of payment, and itinerary
|Lodging||Itemized paid invoice showing payee, method of
payment, and zero balance
Expenses Not Covered
The following expenses are NOT reimbursable. Please see detailed travel categories below for more specific exclusions.
* Toll fees and gasoline purchases
* Travel agent fees or travel insurance
* Airline upgrades and extra fees
* Hotel room upgrades, valet parking, and personal expenses
Please note also that Collin College will not reimburse for airline, hotel, and rental car bundles purchased through online travel sites (e.g. Travelocity Orbitz, Priceline, etc.) if an imemized airfare, hotel, and rental car receipt cannot be obtained by the traveler. That is, many of these sites charge one rate for airfare and hotel and often the hotel cannot provide the sort of itemized paid invoice that Collin requires for reimbursement.
Driving Instead of Flying
Pre-approval is required from the National Convergence Technology Center (CTC) if you plan to drive instead of fly. If you do not get this approved in advance by Monday, June 3, these expenses will not be reimbursed. More information about driving vs. flying is available here.
* The National CTC will reimburse on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. Your travel reimbursement eligibility will be confirmed via e-mail within 48 hours of your registration for the event.
* Reimbursement requests will not be processed until after the event ends and after you have provided all required paperwork and original receipts as described above.
* That paperwork is due no later than Friday, August 16, 2013. If you are not able to provide all required documentation by this date, you waive your right to reimbursement
* The National CTC follows Collin College’s policy on travel reimbursements. All decisions of the Collin College Business Office regarding travel reimbursements will be final.
* All reimbursement submissions are subject to review and approval and may not be guaranteed.
* An important rule of thumb: always select the mode of travel that provides the lowest total cost to Collin College. To do otherwise risks the denial of your reimbursement request.
Request for Travel Reimbursement form
Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
Travel Guidelines handout (hard copy version of this webpage)
* Complete and sign the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form – a paper copy with an ink signature is required. (Please note that at the top, “Travel START Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you left your house and “Travel END Date & Time” refers to the day and time that you returned home.)
* Provide original receipts and invoices – no copies, no faxes. Please tape all receipts to 8 ½ x 11 paper. DO NOT use staples. These will be attached to the “Request for Travel Reimbursement” form.
* If you are requesting mileage, provide a Google Maps or MapQuest print-out documenting miles traveled.
Completed travel reimbursement forms along with backup documentation should be mailed by Friday, August 16, 2013 to:
National Convergence Technology Center
attn Mark Dempsey
9700 Wade Blvd. #J130
Frisco, TX 75035
All questions regarding CCN Participant travel should be directed to:
Reimbursable Expenditure Details
You must submit a print-out of your route documenting miles traveled, using either Google Maps or MapQuest.
The allowable mileage between two points is the shortest route between those two points. Mileage is currently reimbursed at 56c/mile and paid to the driver only.
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved by Monday, June 3. In the event you choose to drive rather than fly to North Texas and are approved to do so, you will only be reimbursed the cost of the less expensive mode of travel. For instance, if it costs $150 to fly round trip to North Texas, and $250 for mileage, you would only be reimbursed the $150. More information about driving vs. flying can be found here.
Toll fees will not be reimbursed. Gasoline purchases will not be reimbursed.
Local mileage, including mileage between the event venue and your Frisco hotel, will not be reimbursed. It is expected that you will pick a hotel that is either within walking distance to the event venue or offers complimentary transportation to the event venue. All hotels suggested on this wiki website have made assurances that free shuttle service is available.
You must submit a receipt with passenger name, total amount paid, form of payment, and itinerary.
The National CTC will pay for a basic coach seat. A 21-day advance purchase is required for all airline tickets. Specifically, if you buy a ticket after Friday, June 14, you will only be reimbursed for the amount the ticket would have been had it been purchased 21 days in advance. For instance, if you buy a ticket on June 15 for $500 and Collin College determines that the ticket would have cost $300 on June 14, you will only be reimbursed the $300.
Flight insurance, seat upgrades, early check-in or early boarding, preferred seating (unless there is proof no other seating category is available), or extra-leg room (unless a medical necessity as described by a doctor), and similar fees will not be reimbursed.
Again, if you want to drive rather than fly to a destination, you must be pre-approved by the National CTC by Monday, June 3. You will only be reimbursed for the less expensive mode of travel.
You must submit an itemized paid invoice showing payee, check-in/check-out time, method of payment, and zero balance.
It is up to the individual to book a hotel room.
Collin College will not reimburse a room costing more than $140/night including taxes.
Valet parking, room upgrades, movies, alcohol, or any other similar personal expenses will not be reimbursed.
Texas educators are encouraged to complete and submit the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate to their hotel to be exempt from state taxes. Collin College will not reimburse state occupancy taxes for Texas educators.
Driving Vs. Flying
Driving instead of flying must be pre-approved by Monday, June 3, 2013. Should you choose to drive rather than fly, you will only be eligible for the following expenses. Also, only the cost of the less expensive mode of travel will be reimbursed.
|Reimbursements if you fly||Reimbursements if you drive|
|Mileage round-trip home to airport||Mileage round-trip home to hotel|